Dairy Value Chain
PAWDEP has launched financial services in Value Chain Finance focusing on Dairy Farming. This sector has promoted PAWDEP products and has intensively created room for this industry and all who are focused on entrepreneurship.
PAWDEP is facilitating milk producers, input suppliers, transporters, co-operatives, processors, retailers and consumers who are new or existing clients.
A value chain comprises chain actors (involved in the formation, transformation and distribution of the product) and service providers and supporters who facilitate the chain.
Major value chain activities include production, processing and marketing.
- Dairy Input Suppliers (Feeds, Drugs, Vet Services)
- Milk producers
- Milk transporters/collectors
- Chilling Plans or Dairy Cooperatives
- Milk processors
- Retailers (Hotel, Milk bar, Kiosk, Supermarket)
- Consumers (Individuals, Households, Institutions)
- All with a common dairy farming activity
- A new member
- A member of a solidarity group with 5-40 members
- Ready to guarantee others for loans and vice versa
- Improved quality of inputs
- Higher yields
- Better product quality
- Improved earnings for all